Tonsillitis is inflammation of tonsils, which are collection of lymphoid tissues located in the throat. It is the most common upper respiratory tract infections (URTI) and is frequently prevalent especially among children. Even adults occasionally may acquire tonsillitis due to low immunity. Tonsils are part of body’s’ defence system that prevent infections from spreading to your body.
Symptoms of tonsillitis include:
- Pain and soreness of throat
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Fever with chills
- Red, swollen tonsils
- General sense of being unwell.
A person with low resistance power to diseases may tend to suffer from chronic tonsillitis which manifests as:
- Recurrent attacks of pain in throat
- Chronic irritation in throat with cough
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Difficulty in breathing
- Bad breath
Tonsillitis commonly occurs due to viral or bacterial infection. Immunity plays an important role in infections and individuals with low immunity are easily susceptible to infections. And so homeopathy serves as the best medicine to boost the immunity and treat infections.
Conventionally, tonsillitis is treated with pain killers, anti-inflammatory and antibiotic medicines. Chronic tonsillitis may even call for removal of tonsils surgically. Studies show that the body’s defence mechanisms tend to decrease post-tonsillectomy as they are body’s important line of defences.
Homeopathy has always worked wonders in every case of tonsillitis and tonsillectomy has been prevented in most of the cases.
Homeopathy helps by:
- Reducing the inflammation of the tonsils
- Acts like a natural pain killer and an anti-pyretic drug
- Helps relive soreness & irritation
- Aligning the body with nature and bringing about a natural healing in the body.
Homeopathy is safe, natural and can be dispensed to everyone without having to worry about the side effects. Homeopathy is the treatment which is known to boost the body’s immune system and restore the body’s defences to normal. Homeopathic medicines are selected on the basis of individualization and each case is taken after a thorough history, extracting the causative factors, modalities as well as characteristic symptoms.
Here are some of the most wonderful drugs from the homeopathic trunk which are used to treat tonsillitis:
- Belladonna: Indicated in dry, congested red throat with tonsil enlarged, throat feels constricted; difficult deglutition; worse, liquids. Desire for cold water.
- Kali muriaticum: In cases of acute and chronic tonsillitis when the throat appears white or gray. Tonsils so enlarged, they touch each other called ‘kissing tonsils’.
- Lachesis: Suited for left side throat pain with much hawking, aggravation by touch and hot drinks
- Baryta Carb: Children who take cold easily and tonsils are always first to get affected especially in children with stunted physical and mental growth.
- Phytolocca: Tonsillitis of the follicular form; pain at the root of the tongue extending to the ears. Tonsils are bluish and enlarged with dryness of throat.
- Hepar Sulph: Lancinating pains and splinter like sensation in throat; tendency of pus formation in tonsils.
These are just a few medicines mentioned; homeopathy has hundreds of remedies for tonsillitis which are indicated according to the individual needs, causes and manifestations. Medications should be taken only after a proper case analysis by a homeopathic expert for better recovery.