Thyroid is a small pear-shaped gland situated below neck just behind Adam’s apple. It produces hormones – Triiodothyronine (T3) and Thyroxine (T4). The function of these hormones is to regulate the metabolism of the body. It produces energy which can be used by the whole body. Thus Thyroid has an effect on energy levels of the body, blood sugar, circulation, immunity and growth and development of the body.
Thyroid dysfunctions can be due to too much or too little of the hormone. Overproduction of thyroid hormones is known as hyperthyroidism while underproduction is hypothyroidism.
The major role of conventional medicine is to provide deficient hormone artificially daily. On the other hand, Homeopathy helps treat thyroid disorders in a holistic way. Constitutional medicine is given to the patient suffering which helps to improve the function of thyroid gland naturally. Homeopathy remedy helps the body to stimulate the thyroid gland to overcome deficiency or excess on its own. Eventually, it also reduces dependency on artificial hormonal supply.
Iodum, Bromium, Thyroidinum, Calcarea Carbonicum, etc. are few homeopathic remedies which can help to improve thyroid disorders.
Effective tips To Treat Thyroid conditions
- Regular exercise such as yoga, brisk walks, pilates, Zumba, swimming, etc. helps to reduce that extra pound.
- Cut down on gluten-rich foods like Wheat, barley, rye, millets especially in Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. Excess intake of grains and food rich in gluten steps up the inflammatory process in the body. Opting for foods that are nourishing and at the same time, gluten-free gives the body time to heal and reduces inflammation.
- Avoid raw goitrogenic vegetables such as kale, cauliflower, broccoli, sprouts, cabbage, and turnip. They are known to suppress thyroid function especially when eaten raw.
- Seafood and sea vegetables contain iodine which is extremely beneficial for correcting thyroid function.
- Add saturated fats (butter, oil, ghee) to reduce inflammation and help in nourishing the body. Fermented foods contain millions of probiotics as well as many other nutrients that are essential for optimal thyroid function.
- Vitamin A and D are beneficial for thyroid function. Adding cod liver oil supplements to the diet is also known to be greatly beneficial.
- Diet rich in Omega-3 reduces inflammation and strengthens the immune system. Omega-3 can be found in foods like meat, fish, eggs, milk and milk products.
- Add selenium-rich food in the diet, as it helps the thyroid to function properly. A snacking handful of nuts such as almond, cashew nuts, hazelnuts, Brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, etc.
- Cutting down on caffeine will reduce the stress over the thyroid gland.
- Avoid smoking since the chemicals unleashed in the body can harm the functioning of the thyroid gland.
These are a few tips, you can find the entire diet and nutrition for thyroid disorders in Zomeo homeopathic software. It has a separate section of diet and nutrition under the main tab ‘Utility’. You can directly print the diet and nutrition sheet by clicking on the print option.
Information from Zomeo Homeopathic Software has been used to prepare this post. Zomeo Homeopathic Software provides 41 repertories, 1300 homeopathy books, information on 3200+ remedies, 109 materia medica books and many more features.
Click below to download the 30 days Zomeo Free Trial.