Amenorrhea is an absence of menstruation occurring between puberty and menopause at any time, except during pregnancy and lactation which are physiological conditions.
Types of Amenorrhea:
When a young female has never had her menses even by the age of 16.
- Ovarian failure
- Problems in reproductive organs
- Pituitary gland abnormalities
When a woman who had her normal menstruation but stops getting her menses for 3 or more months.
- Stopping of contraceptive pills
- Poor nutrition
- Extreme weight loss
- Certain illnesses
- PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome)
- Thyroid gland diseases
- Ovarian Tumours
These are few causes among many others for secondary Amenorrhea.
Homeopathic Approach for Amenorrhea
Exciting cause: Acute suppression may occur due to exposure to cold, getting wet just before or during discharge, from grief, fright or mental distress.
Homeopathic Remedies for Amenorrhea
- A/F chlorosis (anemia): Apis, Calcarea carb, China, Ferrum, Ferrum phos, Helonias, Ignatia, Lilium tig, Phos, Puls, Sep, Senecio, Zinc
- Suppression from cold: Aconite, Belladona, Puls, Caust, Cimic, Gels
- Suppression from fright or sudden emotions: Aconite, Bell, Cimic, Ign, Op, Plat, Puls
- Delayed first menses: Aletris, Calc, Cimic, Graph, Puls, Sil, Sulph
- Aletris: Atony of ovaries and uterus. Anemia and defective nutrition, constipation, fainting spells.
- Apis: Anemia with face oedematous, waxy. Stinging pains in right ovary
- Calcarea Carb: Scrofulous females, malnutrition, anemia.
- Cimcifuga: Rheumatic, neuralgic and hysterical subjects. Uterine cramps, ovarian irritation. Suppression from cold or emotions.
- Ferrum: weak, anemic females with fiery redness of face. Debility, emaciation, rush of blood to head, flushes of heat in face.
- Helonias: Depressed mood, censorious fault-finding, loss of sexual desire.
- Lilium tig: Associated with nervous affection of heart and ovarian irritation or uterine displacements and leucorrhea.
- Senecio: Suppression from cold, irregular, tardy or scanty menses. Debility, nervousness, sleeplessness, gastric derangement’s, pulmonary disease
The above information is extracted from the book – Disorders Of Menstruation By A.C.Cowperthwaite, M.D.
Read this book in Zomeo Homeopathic Software. It also describes Menorrhagia and Dysmenorrhea.
Amenorrhea rubrics in Homeopathic Repertory
Information from Zomeo Homeopathic Software has been used to prepare this post. Zomeo Homeopathic Software provides 41 repertories, 1300 homeopathy books, information on 3200+ remedies, 109 materia medica books and many more features.
Click below to download the 30 days Zomeo Free Trial.