OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorders) symptoms have a particular theme, like obsession symptoms involve fear of getting dirty or contaminated, keeping things orderly symmetrical, unpleasant thoughts, thoughts about harming oneself, thoughts pertaining to sexual or religious subjects. It is common to get these thoughts especially when you are trying to think of, or do other things.
Compulsion symptoms evolve around orderliness, having a strict routine, cleanliness, counting and checking and re-checking things repeatedly.
OCD has obsession symptoms which are unwanted urges that may be repetitive and persistent. Generally people try to get rid of them by following a compulsion which they create for themselves.
Signs and symptoms of obsession include:
- Fear of becoming dirty/ getting contaminated. Such people tend to avoid shaking hands or handling objects that were touched by other people.
- Avoiding situations of obsessions like shaking hands.
- Checking again and again if you have locked the door properly or switched off some electrical appliance.
- Unpleasant sexual images repeating in your mind.
- Thoughts of shouting obscenities or inappropriate behavior.
- Getting really affected if things aren’t kept in a particular order or facing in a different direction.
The search repertory feature in Zomeo Homeopathic Software gives instantly the rubrics for the word search of ‘obsession’.
Compulsion symptoms comprise of repetitive behaviors that you feel are important to perform. People tend to indulge in such behavior as they think it will relieve their anxiety over obsessions or will prevent something bad from happening. But at the end of it, this only gives a temporary relief as these compulsions are rationally not connected in preventing the feared events.
Signs and symptoms of compulsion include:
- Arranging stuff on your office table, wardrobe to face in a particular way and getting really upset if it gets disturbed.
- Hand washing to get rid of dirt and contamination. It is seen that such people was their hands so much that they eventually land up with damaged skin of the palms and hands.
- Counting and praying in certain patterns.
- Repetition of a word or a phrase.
Mind rubrics associated with OCD:
- Abstraction of mind
- Confusion, periodical
- Delirium, foolish, silly
- Delirium, frightful
- Fancies, periodically return
- Thoughts, persistent
- Biting, nails
- Counting constantly
- Restless, rapid walking
- Washing, always hands
- Fear, infection of
- Fear, danger, impending of
- Repeats same things
HOMOEOPATHIC BODY-SYSTEM PRESCRIBING- A PRACTICAL WORKBOOK OF SECTOR REMEDIES gives more details of obsessional disorders.
OCD can be highly disabling in any one if the symptoms are severe, it is seen that a person suffering from OCD may go through periodic peaks of such symptoms. These symptoms are known to aggravate in times when the person is experiencing more stress.
Hence the people who are around such person should point this out to them and make sure that they receive proper help from a health professional.
Information from Zomeo Homeopathic Software has been used to prepare this post. Zomeo Homeopathic Software provides 41 repertories, 1300 homeopathy books, information on 3200+ remedies, 109 materia medica books and many more features.
Click below to download the 30 days Zomeo Free Trial.