The origin of acids is from the mineral and vegetable kingdoms. Homeopathic remedies derived from the mineral kingdom are Fluoric acid, muriatic acid, nitric acid, phosphoric acid, sulphuric acid, etc. Those derived from the vegetable kingdom are acetic acid, benzoic acid, lactic acid, oxalic acid, etc.
Each acid has its own peculiarity and action on the human body. When considering the homeopathy group of remedies, you will find certain general characteristics of an acid group.
Sphere of action:
Mucous membrane producing inflammation, ulceration
Glands, Skin, Blood, Nervous system, Digestive organs, Bones
Lean, thin, tubercular constitution with stooped shoulder and premature old look. Hence you will find most of the acid group of remedies are indicated in cases of diabetes mellitus. (Sulp acid, Phos ac, Fl-ac, Ox-ac)
- Poor memory, lack of concentration and destruction of all thinking power.
- Over sensitiveness
- Destructive qualities activities
- ‘Self’ egoism and attention towards pleasure-seeking inputs
- Depression, listless, dejection.
Characteristics of an acid group of remedies:
- Chilly ++ Sensitive to cold, drafts (cold in general) (Exception: Fluoric acid).
- Weakness +3
- Burning sensation due to irritation of nerves.
- Oversensitive to external impressions.
- Destruction, ulceration. Septicemia.
- Night aggravation
- Amelioration Motion & Rest.
The importance of studying group symptoms of remedies is when the PQRS symptoms found in case points to certain groups. It becomes easy to narrow down remedies and select the final one by referring to Materia Medica of the corresponding remedy.
It is easy to learn the group symptoms from Zomeo Homeopathic Software which has an entire section dedicated to ‘Group symptoms’. Under the ‘Utility’ section you will find 20 Group remedies and their characteristics.
Information from Zomeo Homeopathic Software has been used to prepare this post. Zomeo Homeopathic Software provides 41 repertories, 1300 homeopathy books, information on 3200+ remedies, 109 materia medica books and many more features.
Click below to download the 30 days Zomeo Free Trial.