Vertigo is the second most common complaint heard by the doctor in a clinic. Vertigo is a sensation as of everything around you is spinning or your head is spinning with light-headedness or dizziness and unsteadiness. It may also be associated with nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, hearing loss, and altered consciousness. Vertigo can last from a few seconds to minutes or longer.
Homeopathic Medicines for Vertigo:
- Belladonna: Person may show the tendency to fall to the left side or backward. Vertigo can also be accompanied by a headache which is better by pressure.
- Gelsemium: Extreme dizziness with dim vision and heaviness of eyelids. There is difficulty in walking with a loss of balance.
- Cocculus: Vertigo with nausea and vomiting. Vertigo while traveling in a car or bus.
- Conium: Usually suited to elderly people suffering from vertigo. Vertigo while lying down, turning sidewise or during movement of eyes.
- Bryonia: Vertigo with the movement of the head or changing position and it improves when the head is in absolute rest. It can also be associated with nausea and vomiting.
- Pulsatilla: Effective remedy for women suffering from vertigo. Vertigo aggravated by suppressed or delayed menses. Vertigo is better by open fresh air.
Rubric representation of vertigo in repertory:
- Vertigo, Fall tendency to
- Vertigo, nausea with
- Vertigo, headache during
- Vertigo, lying agg.
- Vertigo, standing agg.
- Vertigo fall tendency to, forward, eating after
- Vertigo, walking while
- Vertigo, fall tendency to, backward, rising on
Here are few tips of help during an acute attack of vertigo:
- Prevent fall by sitting or lying down, as soon as you feel dizziness. Try and find a comfortable position to sit or lie and relax for some time.
- In case you are driving then pull over a side as you feel giddy.
- Open all the windows in the room and breathe in some fresh air.
- Avoid bright lights and loosen up tight clothing.
- Try drinking sips of water if there is no nausea. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and tobacco.
- Do not quickly change position, turn to your side and gradually get up from lying down position.
- Consult the doctor and find out the cause of an attack so that further attacks can be prevented.
Once you know you have vertigo, here are a few tips that can help avoid further attacks:
- It is important that you get up from the bed slowly without giving a jerk. A sudden jerk can precipitate a vertigo attack.
- Do not indulge in a strenuous exercise which involves neck extension
- Do not have sudden postural changes.
- If you suffer from an ear infection, it can precipitate an attack of vertigo. It is better to get yourself checked and treated if you suspect an ear infection.
- Have lots of fluid at regular interval
Information from Zomeo Homeopathic Software has been used to prepare this post. Zomeo Homeopathic Software provides 41 repertories, 1300 homeopathy books, information on 3200+ remedies, 109 materia medica books and many more features.
Click below to download the 30 days Zomeo Free Trial.